(HP 382) >
|Cast-iron walkway, steps, storefront, Cast-Iron
District, New York, NY.
- Iron, Wikipedia
- Cast iron,
- Abraham Darby III,1750 – 1791 (Wikipedia)
- The Iron Bridge (1779) Coalbrookdale, Shropshire (Wikipedia)
History of Architectural Uses
- Cast-Iron Architecture in America: The Significance of James
Bogardus, W. W. Norton & Company; 1st ed edition, 1998.
- Badgers Illustrated Catalogue of Cast Iron Architecture. New
York: Dover Publications, 1982. View
- Gray, Christopher. An
1858 Cast-Iron Palazzo, Now in Its Blue Period. New York
Times, May 1, 2005.
- Gayle, Margot. Cast-Iron Architecture in New York: A Photographic
Survey. New York: Dover Publications, 1974. View
- Waite, John G. The
Maintenance and Repair of Architectural Cast Iron, Preservation
Briefs 27, TPS, Washington, DC:TPS, National Park Service,
- Deck, Clara. The
Care and Preservation of Cast Iron. The Henry Ford Museum,
Antoinette, J. Lee. "Cast Iron in American Architecture: A Synoptic
View," in The Technology of Historic American Buildings,
H. Ward Jandl, editor, Washington, DC: Foundation for Preservation
Technology, 1983, pp.97-116.
Square Pergola, Seattle, WA