Teaching > Preservation
|Warwick, Rhode Island.
|Albuquerque, New Mexico.
|Near Kansas City, Missouri.
Zoning, Overlay Zoning, Incentive Zoning
- Zoning, WIkipedia
- Spot Zoning, Wikipedia
- Variance (land use), Wikiedia
- Special-use permit, Wikipedia
- Zoning Board of Appeals and Zoning Board of Adjustment
- Nonconforming use,Wikipedia
- Overlay Zones, Portland, OR
- Form-based code, Wikipedia
(view animated illustrations)
- Incentive zoning, Wikipedia
- Planned Unit Development (PUD), Wikipedia
- Fee simple, Wikipedia
- Bundle of Rights
- Transfer of Development Rights, Smart Communities Network
- Floor Area Ratio (FAR), Wikipedia; FAR Explained, Carfree Cities
- Accessory Dwelling Units: Case Study
- McMahon, Edward. What's So Bad About Zoning? Planning Commissioners
Journal, No.44, Fall 2001 [handout]
- Morris, Stephen A. Zoning and Historic Preservation,
Cultural Resource Partnership Notes, Heritage Preservation Services,
National Center for Cultural Resource Stewardship and Partnerships,
National Park Service, 10 pp., June 1998. [Download PDF file
Notes. Print pp. 1-10.]
Preservation: Local Historic District Zoning, RIHP&HC
of Zoning and Formats — Discussion Paper, Prepared by
the City of Palo Alto, Department of Planning and Community Environment,
City of Palo Alto,California. July, 2001
- Gerckens, Laurence C. , AICP. American
Zoning & the Physical Isolation of Uses. Planners Web.
- Dale, Greg and Michael Chandler. Zoning Basics, Planning
Commissioners Journal, No.42, Spring 2001 [In Basic Planning
Tools reprints, pp.13-19 or download as PDF file
for a fee.]
- Dale, Greg and Michael Chandler. Zoning & Changing Lifestyles,
Planning Commissioners Journal, No.44, Fall 2001 [In
Basic Planning Tools reprints, pp.20-23 or download as
for a fee.]
- Duerkse, Christopher. Saving the World Through Zoning:The Sustainable Community Development Code (PDF file), APA Planning, January 2008.
- New York City Zoning, New York City Department of Planning
- Form-based code, Wikipedia;
- A Pattern Book for Gulf Coast Neighborhoods, Mississippi renewal
Forum. Urban Design Associates, 2005. Download
as PDF file, 72 pages.
- Sitkowski, Robert J. and Brian W. Ohm. Form-Based Land Development
Regulations (PDF file).
The Urban Lawyer, Volume 28, No.1, Winter 2006.