Teaching > HP175 Documentation > Assignments >
Photography: Composition, Content and Context
Goal: To photograph various places
to enhance skills in selection, composition, and content of images to convey asset character, use, and preservation issues.
- Use your account at Panoramio.
- Select two differerne "places"—see photography, below
- Focus on taking photographs to define the context of each place, by including:
- the contributing assets (features and spatial arrangements), character defining features (here of places, not just individual buildings) and liabilities (issues).
- its use(s)
- preservation issues (note what you are specifically illustrating)
- Two places
- Select one place.
- Take only six images.
- Do not delete images.
- Upload to Panoramio, tag with <175_character_first_six>.
- Select another place.
- Take as many photographs as you want.
- Select six.
- Upload to Panoramio, tag with <175_character_select_six>.
- Once complete, post a link to both Panoramio folders by providing a hyperlink for "Photography: Composition, Content and Context" on the Panoramio class list.