Teaching > HP175 Documentation > Assignments >
Goal: Recognize and draw material designations.
Reference material: Materials designations
- Before drafting materials designations. Practice freehand delineation of materials employing standard graphics.
- Hand in practice work.
- Take 8-1/2"x11" blank, white paper, using as many sheets as needed
- Use handouts as the basis for selecting what you wish to use for designations. As they may vary, it is up to you as to what to best choose.
- Practice designations on scrap paper, first (see above)
- Freehand draw, in boxes approximately 1-1/2" x 3/4", the following
- Note: Do not focus on layout but work on graphics for materials.
- Identify each material using conventional name/abbreviation.
Materials (plan, section and elevation, as applicable)
- rough wood
- finish wood
- poured (with gravel or stone)
- concrete block
- cinder block
- terra cotta
- glazed face hollow
- gypsum (plaster)
- glass ('glazing')