Select a historic building (listed or eligible for listing, on the National Register) whose exterior is visually accessible along the entire perimeter.
Ask permission from the owner to assess the building. If needed, present a copy of the assignment.
Conduct a conservation assessment, from grade.
Consider resourse available here, including those under Process in readings and provided.
Take photograph of elevations and details for the report, below. Inclued a scale, as needed.
Develop a report (as aWord document) including, but not limited to:
- Owner (if known), address
- Scope of work
- References and standards
- Identify the structure
- Architecture style(s).
- Date(s). [approximate]
- Architect(s), builder(s). [optional]
- Significance [architectural; historic only if resources are readily available]
- Character-defining features.
- Existing conditions of features, systems
- Diagnosis (udnerlying causes)
- Treatment recommendations
- Next steps
- Site plan [optional]
- Photographs linked to on Panoramio, identified