Teaching > RWU
HP 382-582 Architectural Conservation > Assignments
Photographs — Panoramio
- Set up an account at Panoramio. (Philip's account as an example.)
- Test run.
(This is just a test run with images you already have on hand, not images for this assignment.)
- Read 'help' to become familiar with interface; look at other collections.
- 'Upload' a few (at least three) large (but less than 5 mb) images (taken anywhere but your 'Townscape' of choice).
- Provide 'title' (using name of building, place, location),
- On Panoriamio, 'map", exactly, making sure to 'save position' and 'finish'. If you can not map exactly, do not map.
- 'Create tag' of location (viz: town, city, state) and 'tag' each image by location.
- Before taking photographs make sure your digital camera is:
- set with the correct time, date.
- set for the best quality possible. This may include two settings: 'superfine' and 'large'. When in doubt, read your manual (if needed, it may be available as a PDF file on the manufacturer's Web site).
- Take photographs.
- Once you have images for this assignment:
- Keep original, unadjusted images.
- Adjust in Photoshop, or equal.
- Upload, locate, image.
- 'Tag' images with <assignment> tag.
- Once an image is viewed, copy the page's URL to your essay for reference.