Teaching > Architectural Conservation (HP
382) > Assignments >
Window documentation, assessment, and specifications
- Review resources at Window Conservation and other material.
- Create teams for on-site work; delegate responsibilities of specific off-site work.
- Review existing documention of the site for references specific to windows, and related 'systems' and components.
- Preview pertinent specifications of other projects to inform work (both assessment and later work)
- Preview "Architectural Conservation Assessment Data — Fields and Values"
- Develop project-specific "Architectural Conservation Assessment Form".
- Select and develop field-measured drawings of at least one 'typical' window. Include:
- section and
- pertinent details.
- Photograph windows, including scale.
- Assess existing conditions of components.
- Based on project needs:
- Identify other resources and standards.
- Conservation report and (later) specifications will be aided by our site visits to Heritage Restoration and Troy City Woodwork.
- Research other pertinent services and products.
- Develop treatment recommendations.
- Identify potential, related work, coordination of work.
- Recommend additional, and/or next work.
- Compile as a conservation report.
- Write window sash specification for work (later).