II (HP 382) > Decorative
Barbara Mission, Santa Barbara, CA.
- Moss, Roger W. Paint in America: The Colors of Historic Buildings.
New York: John Wiley & Sons, 1994. View
on Amazon. Reserve
and Federal America,"pp.13-41;
- "House Painting
in Britian," pp.43-53
- "A Survey
of Paint Technology," pp.230-255.
- "Early American
- "Paint Decoration
at Mount Vernon," pp.105-127.
- Candee, Richard M. Housepaints in Colonial America: Their Materials
Manufacture and Application, New York: Chromatic Publishing Co.,
Inc., publishers of Color Engineering, reprints from 1966-1967
issues, 26 pp.
- Hawkes, Pamela W. "Economical Painting: The Tools and Techniques
Used in Exterior Painting in the 19th Century," in The Technology
of Historic American Buildings: Studies of the Materials, Craft
Processes, and Mechanization of Building Construction, H. Ward
Jandl, editor, Washington, DC: The Foundation for Preservation
Technology, 1983, pp.189-220. Download
- Moss, Roger W., Century of Color, Watkins Glen, N.T., 1981,
pp. 7-16, 104-106. Download
as PDF file. View
on Amazon, used.
- Reynolds, Hezekiah,
for House and Ship Painting, (A facsimile reprint of the 1812
edition with a new introduction by Richard M. Candee), Worcester,
MA: American Antiquarian Society, 1978, 22 pp.
- Parks, Bonnie Wehle. Aurora Blue: Identifying and Analyzing
Interior Paint in an Oregon Utopia, c. 1870, Eugene, Oregon:
Historic Preservation Program, School of Architecture and Allied
Arts, University of Oregon, Cultural-Technical Booklet Number
Two, 1986, 40 pp. Download
- Benes, Peter. "Sky Colors and Scattered Clouds: The Decorative
and Architectural Painting of New England Meeting Houses, 1738-1834,"
in New England Meeting House and Church: 1630-1850, The
Dublin Seminar for New England Folklife, Annual Proceedings, June
26 and 27, 1979, Boston University. Download