II (HP 382) > Decorative
York, PA, 1828.
- Frangiamore, Catherine
Lynn. Wallpapers in Historic Preservation, Washington,
DC: Technical Preservation Services Division, OAHP, NPS, USDI,
1977, 56 pp. Download
as PDF file. peruse:
- Futernick, Robert. Conservation
of Scenic Wallpapers: Sauvages de la Mer Du Pacifique. JAIC,
Vol.20, No.2, 1981, pp.139-146. peruse.
- Kelly, Robert M. 6
Ways to Survive a Wallpaper Project: A quick guide to avoiding
the most common pitfalls. Old-House Journal, January 2004.
- Kelly, Robert M. Standard Operating Procedures: Paperhanging in Historic Homes
- Lynn, Catherine. Colors
and Other Materials of Historic Wallpaapers, JAIC, Vol.20,
No.2, 1981, pp.58-65. peruse
Historic Paper Collections peruse
in New England, Historic New England. (Database-driven selections
from SPNEA collection.) Peruse.
Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum
Paper Hangings (illustrated chronology of wallpaper designs)
- The Williams Morris
Gallery, London Borough of Waltham Forest
Brillion Collection, Authentic Victorian Restoration Wallpapers,
Victorian Collectibles Ltd.
- Museum of Domestic Design
& Architecture (MoDA)
- J.R. Burrows & Co., Rockland, MA
- Bradbury & Bradbury Art Wallpapers, San Francisco, CA
- Charles Rupert Designs, Victoria, B.C.
- Mt. Diablo Handprints, Carter and Company, Vallejo, CA
- ínteríör1900, Gotene, Sweden
- Musée du papier peint, Rixheim, France
- Gilmore, Andrea. Wallpaper
and its Conservation — An Architectural Conservator's
Perspective. American Institute of Historic and Artistic Works,
JAIC, Vol. 20, No. 2, Article 5 ,1981, pp. 74 -81. read
- Kallop, Edward L. Wallpaper
Conservation — Puzzling Priorities. JAIC Vol.20,
No.2, 1981, pp.53-57. peruse
- Phillips, Morgan. Wallpaper
on Walls: Problem of Climate and Substrate. JAIC Vol.20, No.2,
- The Investigation,
Analysis and Authentication of Historic Wallpaper, Welsh Color
& Conservation, Inc.
- Paper conservation, Northeast Document Conservation
- Mapes, Philippa. Historic
Wallpaper Conservation. The Building Conservation Directory,
- Nylander, Richard. The
choice and use of reproduction wallpapers in the historic interior.
American Institute of Historic and Artistic Works. JAIC 1981,
Volume 20, Number 2, Article 14 (pp. 150 to 151). Read.
- Kelly, Robert M. Wall-Prep
Primer: Understanding wall surfaces and how to prepare them for
paper. Old-House Journal, January 2005. peruse
- The Wallpaper Scholar
Wallpaper Resources, Historic Wallpaper Specialities
- Lynn, Catherine. Wallpaper in America, New York: Norton,1980. Amazon.
- Nylander, Richard
C. Wallpapers for Historic Buildings: A Guide to Selecting
Reproduction Wallpapers, Washington, DC: The Preservation
Press, 1992, pp.9-19. The standard text for choosing a reproduction
wallpaper, this is the second, expanded edition, with authoritative
information on over 1000 designs, many of them illustrated. Amazon.
- Nylander, Richard
C., Elizabeth Redmond and Penny J. Sander. Wallpaper in New
England. Boston: Society for the Preservation of New England
Antiquities, 1986. Amazon
- Saunders, Gill. Wallpaper in Interior Decoration. Watson
Guptill, 20Amazon 02. Gill Saunders is curator at the Victoria and Albert
Museum, London, which has the largest collection of wallpaper
in the United Kingdom. Amazon.
- Hoskins, Lesley, The Papered Wall: The History, Patterns and Techniques of Wallpaper, Thames & Hudson, 2 edition, 2005 Amazon
- Thibaut-Pomerantz, Carolle. Wallpaper: A History of Style and Trends, Flammarion, 2009. Amazon
- Hoskins, Leslie, ed. The Papered Wall. London: Thames
& Hudson, 1994. A wide-ranging international survey. Amazon